"How" is from the Old Norse and Old Teutonic name for a mound or cairn (which is a heap
of stones piled as a memorial or as a landmark).
- Create an atmosphere of mentoring and mutual accountability where men can grow spiritually, socially, academically, and form a healthy life style.
- Create a center which facilitates ministry to the college by providing a place for social & spiritual gatherings and service to the neighborhood.
- Create a teaching tool of C.S. Lewis and especially his Chronicles of Narnia.
One semester with one month notice.
- Two meals together as a group per week.
- Involvement in the Accountability Group (ten men, 45 min weekly).
- Purchase of at least 5 meals on campus per week.
- Quiet after 9:00 pm on week days (M-Th).
- Sharing work of house as appointed - 1 hr / per week on our house or yard. (cooking, yard work, house repairs, clean-up).
Meaning & Truth
- Ample time devoted to college studies.
- Participation in meal discussion once a week.
Worship & Beauty
- Keep common rooms neat and usable.
- One prayer time as group per week with other prayer times encouraged.
- Service to our neighbors when opportunity arises.
- Actively involved in a local church.
- Use of the house as a center of ministry and community.
- You must be 21 years old by the start of the semester.
- Rent in advance - (same as the dorm)
Single room per month $275 (plus $30 common fee, total $405)
Double room $235 per month (plus $30 common fee = $265)
- Late fee $20. September rent will include August days; May rent is proportional.
- "Hanging out" with friends in the basement (TV) or in personal rooms.
- No personal items left in the Great Hall.
- Big-screen TV used only for ministry or house activity.
- Clean up immediately after using the kitchen (dishes rinsed & into dishwasher).
- Bedrooms must be presentable for tours at all times or door shut.
- Room will include Narnia items. Permission for putting up personal items.
- Lock back door after entering or leaving and shoes off at back entrance.
Food & Personal Items
- Common items will be purchased as a group with a $30 per month fee for: common meals, laundry soap, hand soap, toilet paper, dish soap, tissues, napkins, trash bags, paper towel, light bulbs, milk.
- Personal food in 20% of the refrigerator & downstairs freezer.
- Items may be stored in boxes marked with your name.
- One fourth of the large cabinet per person for personal food items. Frozen foods in the basement freezer. Mark your food with your initials.
- Food you donate for common use: put in basket to the left of stove.
- No storage of items after you move out - items sold one month later.
- Women not allowed in bedrooms except for tours.
- Two women and one man or two men and one woman required in the house.
- Guests may stay three nights free by permission. Each additional night is $10.
- Use the school as your address NOT the address of Aslan's How.
- Cars parked on the street.
- Clear group meetings at a house meeting before going on calendar.
- Phone has four phone message boxes. No long distance calls - use a calling card.
- Use towels provided in bathrooms. Clean-up person washes towels once a week.
- Towels on stove for dishes only; towel on refrigerator for hands. Use paper towel for rest of dirty items.
- We may hire house cleaners for the kitchen, great hall, coat room & bathrooms.
- Furnished rooms and high speed Internet access at each desk.
I have read the guidelines and agree to follow them
Signed ________________________________ Date _________
Multnomah Bible College
Portland, Oregon, USA